Happy (?) Monday! Mondays are always tricky, but especially after a great holiday week, huh? I’m a little blue today because not only did we have a great Thanksgiving with my parents, my grandparents and my sister visiting, but my mom has left North Carolina to go back to Houston. She’s been so helpful the last 8 weeks since Sloan was born and Barr started traveling during the week, so it’s a bit overwhelming to start a new routine, but it’ll be a new adventure too And just a few more weeks until more holiday fun with the Blanton family!
Our Thanksgiving was just perfect – Sloan’s first! We loved breaking in our house with lots of love and family as well. The fact that Sloan got to meet his great grandparents for the first time was such a blessing, and having 4 generations together under 1 roof was so special.
- Barr learning to cook the turkey from my dad – it was so yummy! Next time: frying it up reeeeal nice, Texas style 😉
- Having the ladies “fight” over who got to feed and hold Sloan
- Consistent, just 1 feeding a night – at a predictable time and with help from my hubby
- Speaking of that, having Barr home for a whole week!!!
- Beautiful North Carolina weather – unseasonably warm = lots of walks
- An early Christmas gift from Anna: a spa day at the Ritz!
- Spending time with a healthy, happy family
It was so much fun hosting my family – and having lots of help in the kitchen and with the baby. I miss everyone already! But I’m looking forward to the next chapter and of course, to the Christmas festivities. Happy holidays, y’all!!